ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING (ELT/ESL/ELL)
Idioms in American Life
By Julie Howard
Level : High-Beginning-Intermediate
This text helps students understand and use 100 high-frequency American idioms in every day life.
This text helps students understand and use 100 high-frequency American idioms.
- Twenty self-contained lessons that move from highly controlled to lesscontrolled use of idioms.
- Intensive practice in fluency comprehension.
- Reinforcement of grammar, writing, and conversation skills.
- A seven-part dialogue in each lesson that introduces the idioms, with usage notes, structure practice, and comprehension exercises.
- Reviews, crossword puzzles, an appendix, and an index/glossary.