Academic and Career Success is a four-level reading and writing standards-based English language series for adult and young-adult students, providing the rigor required to help them prepare for college and careers.
The Reading and Writing lessons for each level take learners from beginner level through high-intermediate English proficiency. As the levels progress, the curricular content changes accordingly, with the upper levels incorporating more advanced academic vocabulary and a greater emphasis on language and how to use it successfully.
- Information rich readings help build students’ knowledge and higher-order reading skills, such as citing evidence, summarizing, interpreting complex information in a variety of text formats–including charts and graphs– making inferences, and evaluating arguments.
- Highly scaffolded writing-process approach requires analysis of writing models before planning, collecting information, supporting a claim, summarizing, and finally production of students’ own written work.
- Academic rigor based on College and Career Readiness lesson goals. Each lesson develops academic language and language strategies, with complex and content-rich materials.
- Reading Tips focus students on the academic strategies needed for tackling academic texts
- Targeted Vocabulary activities reinforce new language.
- Audio Program contains the contents of every reading providing exposure to natural fluency and pronunciation.
Answer Keys for self-study