Basic English Grammar, 4E
Fundamentals of English Grammar, 5E
Understanding and Using English Grammar, 5E
By Betty S. Azar and Stacy A. Hagen
The world’s most trusted grammar source for clear, direct, and comprehensive instruction, the Azar-Hagen Grammar Series takes a time-tested approach that blends direct grammar instruction with carefully sequenced practice to develop all language skills. Grammar is the springboard for
developing speaking, listening, reading, and writing. With clear, user-friendly charts and engaging interactive practice, it’s easy to see why this classic series remains the top-selling text in its field year after year.
NEW! Fundamentals of English Grammar, 5E
- A pretest at the start of each chapter allows learners to assess what they already know and orient themselves to the chapter material.
- Practice, spaced out over time, helps students learn better. Numerous exercises have been added to provide more incremental practice.
- New charts and exercises show patterns to help learners make sense of the information.
- Meaning-based practice is introduced at the sentence level. Students do not have to wait for longer passages to work with meaning.
- Frequent oral exercises encourage students to speak more naturally and fluidly.
- Step-by-step writing activities promote written fluency. All end-of-chapter tasks include writing tips and editing checklists.
- A wide range of contextualized exercises, frequently including life skills vocabulary, encourages authentic language use.
- Updated grammar charts based on corpus research reflect current usage and highlight the differences between written and spoken English in formal and informal contexts.
- The BlackBookBlog focuses on student success, cultural differences, and life-skills strategies.
- End-of-the-chapter Learning Checks help students assess their learning.
- A Pearson Practice English app with end-of-chapter learning checks, Student Book audio, and guided PowerPoint videos.
- Revised MyEnglishLab for a fully blended program.
Visit the website: PearsonELTUSA.com/Azar