The cross-cultural perspectives of the Contact USA series engage and educate students who can read and comprehend more English than they can produce.
- High-interest readings cover U.S. culture, customs, and conventions, and include a mix of stories, charts, graphs, and opinion passages.
- Vocabulary is presented and recycled to maximize acquisition.
- Focused tasks quickly build reading skills and test comprehension.
- Discussion activities give students the opportunity to use language in both controlled and creative ways.
- Students learn about trends and customs in American life while preparing for the challenges of academic reading.
- Teacher’s Manual contains teaching guidelines, answer keys, vocabulary review tests, and additional reading tests.