What makes English Code special?
- The coding mindset encourages students to experiment and teaches them resilience, collaboration and problem-solving from the domain of computational thinking.
- Creativity helps students to develop their creative potential through hands-on activities, exposing students to a variety of arts, and encouraging students to think and work imaginatively.
- STEAM lessons in each unit enables students to learn English through a subject: science, technology, engineering, art and design, and math (STEAM). This helps with engagement as well as enabling students to consolidate their knowledge across subjects. There are videos on each subject to extend the lesson.
- Project-work inspires and focuses the learning from the very start and gives students a sense of control and direction in their learning journey.
- Critical thinking activities help students to develop their critical thinking skills by providing opportunities for students to collect and identify evidence, create arguments, identify strengths and weaknesses, and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Collaboration provides students with a variety of opportunities to develop their presentation and listening skills and helps them build confidence in speaking English through engaging group activities.
- The Global Scale of English is the source for the learning objectives, which are included in each unit in the Teacher’s Edition across reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.