By Joyce S. Cain
Grammar for Writing is a three-level series that provides students with the essential grammar applications they need to become proficient writers. The series features authentic writing excerpts and practical tools to facilitate comprehension and application for students enrolled in writing or combined-skills courses.
- Clear, concise grammar explanations and easy-to-read charts help summarize key learning objectives.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and self-check exercises assess students’ understanding of the editing points.
- Exercises drawn from student writing focus on the most frequently occurring grammar errors.
- Editing guidelines help students identify and correct common grammatical mistakes.
- Corpus-informed approach to vocabulary gives the series an academic feel.