By Linda Butler, Ann Hogue, Alice Oshima, Alan Meyers
The Longman Academic Writing Series
helps develop student writing from basic composition of sentences and paragraphs to academic essays and research papers. The NEW refreshed release of Longman Academic Writing Series
now includes enhanced digital resources to give students and instructors the flexibility of choosing materials best suited to their needs and to support the transition to online and blended learning.
The enhanced MyEnglishLabs delivered via the Pearson English Portal include:
- Practice activities for all skills taught in the Student Books (grammar, sentence structure, mechanics, punctuation, organization).
- A data analysis activity in every chapter (auto-graded and with feedback).
- Midterm and final assessment for every level.
- Chapter quizzes
Pearson Practice English App allows students to complete vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, and data analysis activities on their mobile devices.
Reader+ eBooks with the Pearson Practice English App and MyEnglishLab delivered via the Pearson English portal offers an option of purchasing a digital-only solution.
- Step-by-step approach helps students produce a well-organized, clearly developed portfolio that is the foundation of academic coursework.
- Realistic writing models guide writers while clear explanations help students through typical rough spots.
- Extensive practice helps students assimilate writing skills to learn to write with accuracy and confidence.
- Timed writing activities provide a plan for writing paragraphs on tests.
- Interactive tasks, such as pair and group work, allow students to receive peer feedback on their individual writing.
- Level 5 offers more advanced guidance in writing of essays and research papers.