By Lawrence Zwier (Series Editor)
Carrie Steenburgh, Laura Eickhoff, Laurie Frazier, Maggie Vosters, Larry Zwier
University Success Reading
is designed for English language learners preparing for mainstream academic environments. A flexible three-part approach includes intensive and systematic skill development tied to learning outcomes along with authentic essays written by top professors from Stanford University. The Reading strand provides real-life learning experiences that prepare students to become fluent,
automatic, and competent readers who can achieve academic autonomy.
- Each part is a self-contained module allowing teachers to focus on the highest-value skills and content. Topics are aligned around science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) content.
– Parts 1 and 2 include challenging readings that allow students to engage with the content as
they build essential reading and critical thinking skills.
– Part 3 provides a truly authentic experience with an extended essay that enables students to apply and expand the skills acquired in Parts 1 and 2.
- Additional online readings, skill and vocabulary practices, collaboration activities, and assessments.
- Strategies for academic success and soft skills delivered via online videos.
- NEW! You can now create unique custom University Success content packs with Pearson Collections. Go to www.pearson.com/collections or contact your ELT rep for details.