Stories of Amazing People
Each book in the What A Life! series takes a multicultural approach, featuring 24 short biographies on inspirational
figures from all over the world. These high-interest biographies focus on the less-known facts about famous figures, rather than the chronology of events typical of most biographies. Subjects range from historical and political figures to athletes, artists, entertainers, and
In addition to the biographical reading, each short,
easy-to-follow unit includes:
- Pre-reading questions and activities.
- Vocabulary exercises about definitions and usage.
- Main idea and reading skills exercises.
- Questions on detail and inference.
- Discussion, comprehension, and writing activities.
- Answer Key at the end of each book.