This new edition gives students all the tools they need to succeed on the new TOEFL® iBT integrated-skills test. Providing both a comprehensive language-skills course and a wealth of practice for all sections of the test, the Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL iBT® Test, Third Edition is appropriate for courses in TOEFL test preparation or as a supplement to more general ESL courses.
New to the Third Edition:
- New guidelines and strategies for note-taking.
- New tips and hints throughout the practice sections.
- Downloadable audio program and teacher’s materials, including lesson plans and classroom activities.
- Access to MyEnglishLab: TOEFL: the easy-to-use online learning program, with extensive additional practice activities, pre- and post-tests, and three full-length tests.
- Updated material for all the new types of test passages and questions.
- Diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section.
- Practice for all four skills:
- Reading provides practice exercises in the new test formats, including filling in a table or chart
- and paraphrasing.
- Listening provides authentic conversations in an academic setting and academic lectures with new
- questions about a speaker’s attitude or purpose.
- Speaking includes personal and expository tasks and integrated tasks.
- Writing consists of writing and expository tasks.
- Eight Mini-Tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skills format.
- Two complete Practice Tests that familiarize students with the actual test format, including length and level of difficulty.